PDMS (Plant Design Management System) as it is known in the 3D CAD industry, is a customizable, multi-user and multi-discipline, engineer controlled design software package for engineering, design and construction projects in, but not limited to, offshore and onshore. PDMS is also used for engineering, design and construction projects, chemical and process plants, water treatment plants, power plants, paper and pulp manufacturing. PDMS also has a marine application as well.
Why should you learn?
- A fully interactive, colour shaded 3D plant design environment
- Hundreds of designers can work concurrently on a project, in a fully Controlled manner, with visibility of the entire design at all times.
- Clash checking and configurable integrity checking rules help a designer Create 'right first time' design and enable effective overall design quality Assurance.
- Designers progressively create a highly intelligent 3D design by selecting and positioning parametric components from an extensive catalogue.
At CADD Centre, we help you master the following compatibilities of PDMS
- Equipment & Piping Modeling ,Preparation of 3D Piping Layout with ducting layout drawings, reference to P&ID and 2D Piping Layout; Creation of equipment models using
- Existing paper drawings or static cad files, 3d modelling of equipment, piping, structures, instrumentation and other facilities and extraction of detailed construction drawing and documents.
- Structural modelling, HVAC, cable tray and cabling system.
- Isometric generation and spooler: preparation of isometric drawing of piping route for bill of Quantity and creation of 2d draft and isometric drawings using PDMS.
- You will know how to deliver 3d models of plants that meet the requirement of compliance In terms of safety codes customer standard and engineering practices.
- You will know how to generate composite equipment and piping layout drawings,structural, Cable tray and ducting layout drawings, isometrics and reports such as reports and bill of materials from 3d models.
- You will be able to perform multiple design checks across the entire design eliminates error.
- You will learn to quickly handle emerging design changes, and protecting the design schedule.
After completing this course, students will be able to