Microsoft Project is a flexible online solution for project portfolio management. It enables organizations to start, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value.
Why should you learn?
With this project management software, you as a project manager can develop a plan, assign resources to tasks, track progress, manage the budget, and analyze workloads.
You can effectively manage your human resources by tracking their tasks. Importantly, you can make data driven decisions by equipping team members with the information they need to stay informed and make better decisions.
- At CADD Centre, we help you master the following features of MS Project:
- Administration: This module is used to add or remove users, and for creating custom scripts and automating processes.
- Work Management: A feature for easily managing and collaborating on work as a team without the structure of a project. It provides visibility into the work for planning and reporting purposes.
- Demand management: To gain visibility into projects, operational activities and everyday work and streamline project initiation and progression by applying appropriate governance and control.
- Portfolio Analytics & Selection: For effectively identifying, selecting, and delivering project portfolios that best align with an organization's business strategy and maximize ROI.
- Resource Management: For the delivery of results with the current workforce and planning for the future to manage surplus and deﬁcits across a planning horizon.
- Schedule Management: To deliver projects on time with a map for execution and delivery framework to tracking progress and managing change.
- Financial Management: For adopting financial management processes and effectively tracking cost performance to ensure delivery within budget and that the portfolio realizes the forecasted benefits.
- Time and Task Management: For the utilization of a centralized and common approach to time reporting and task management.
- Collaboration :To strengthen team collaboration and improve project success with enterprise social capabilities, easy communication with instant messaging, team sites and other easy-to-use collaboration capabilities.
- Issue and Risk Management: To prevent, identify, and mitigate potential business or project-related risks and issues.
- Reporting and Business Intelligence: To collect, categorize, understand, and make decisions about project data and utilize business intelligence to provide visibility and decision support to proactively manage projects, programs and portfolios.
- Program Management: For the delivery of the forecasted benefits of the overall program and across, underlying in-flight projects with the additional benefit of establishing and utilizing techniques that provide a program initiation and selection framework.
- You will know how to effectively plan and manage tasks with the help of scheduling capabilities.
- You will know how to keep your teams organized in one location — their project site — where they can view project summaries, documents, tasks, newsfeeds and calendars.
- You will know how to create workflows and standardise project progression or rejection and improve governance and control.
- You will learn to accurately measure resource utilization and better manage resource allocation that aligns with your strategy
- You will know how to use summary dashboards to gain insights into all organizational projects.
- You will know how to give your team members and business partners the right level of access to project information.
- You will know how to develop and deliver applications to shave time off discrete processes or connect to any other third-party or proprietary software systems.